Duo Gordis-Hantaï is comprised of Jérôme Hantaï, viola da gamba, and Lillian Gordis, harpsichord. They have been performing as a duo since 2018, seeking a common sound that lies between the singing inertia of the bow and the percussive attack of the keyboard. Their repertoire centers around the French virtuosos of the viola da gamba — Marin Marais and François Couperin — and the sonatas for viola da gamba and obbligato harpsichord of Johann Sebastian Bach.
- Marin Marais: Pièces de viole in d minor, Livre II
- François Couperin: Suite in E minor, Pièces de viole
- J.S. Bach: English Suite 5, BWV 810
- J.S. Bach: Sonata III for obbligato harpsichord & viola da gamba, BWV 1029
- Free admission
- Please read our COVID-19 Safety information.