The Braun and Dinkelspiel practice rooms will be opened on September 10th, 2021. Free access will be available from 8 am to 11 pm, daily. Free access will end on Monday, October 4th. At that point, please click the registration link at the bottom of this page to continue using the practice rooms.
Practice rooms are available on a first come first served basis during posted building hours (8 am to 11 pm, daily) and are for the exclusive use of registered Stanford students, currently employed staff and faculty, and members of the University community with SUID cards (family members without SUID are not eligible).
Terms and Fees
- Practice Rooms Fees are $50 per quarter.
- All practicing musicians are required to follow current EH&S PPE guidelines at all times while in Braun and Dinkelspiel
- Students Enrolled in Department of Music Lessons have access to practice rooms at no additional cost (student sign up for practice rooms is required, but student accounts will not be billed for the quarters they are enrolled in lessons).
- Fees are billed to student accounts in each quarter. Those without student accounts or enrolled students requesting a practice room after the add/drop deadline for each quarter must pay by cash or check at Braun Music Center Rm. 101.
- Instructor Approval Must Be Emailed to Department of Music Staff For Use of The Following Rooms:
- Braun: Rooms 201, 213, 206A, PR11, PR12, and PR13.
- Practice rooms may be booked up to 4 quarters per current academic year (requests for subsequent years must be made in the Autumn quarter of that academic year).
- Rooms 201, 206A, 213, PR11, 12, & 13 require a key and an additional $10 returnable key deposit.
Rules Governing Use of Practice Rooms
- Practice rooms are available on a first come / first served basis during posted building hours. Please note that during the summer, music camps use the practice rooms heavily.
- Practice rooms are for the exclusive use of registered Stanford students, currently employed staff and faculty, and members of the University community with SUID cards (family members without SUID are not eligible). All parties in the practice rooms should be registered and paid.
- Practice rooms are not to be used for ASSU student group rehearsals or sectionals. Any group violating this policy will lose all building use privileges.
- Turn off lights and fans, and close doors (for rooms requiring a key, close AND lock the door), when you leave.
- No equipment (instruments, music stands, benches) is to be removed from the practice rooms.
- No eating or drinking (except for bottled water) is allowed.
- Leave the practice rooms in the condition you would like to find one when you arrive, i.e. clean, in order, no trash, lights off, locked if appropriate.
- Report any problems with rooms or pianos to the Department of Music office (Braun 101).
TO REGISTER TO USE THE PRACTICE ROOMS, PLEASE SUBMIT THIS FORM**.
** IMPORTANT NOTE: PROCESSING TIMES ARE LONGER THAN USUAL CURRENTLY. IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A FOLLOW UP EMAIL FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF MUSIC WITHIN 3 BUSINESS DAYS, PLEASE CONTACT US HERE.