This concert celebrates current CCRMA faculty and graduate student composers and their mentors with new compositions for violin, electronics, and video by Mark Kopytman, Jonathan Berger, Ayal Adler, Christopher Jette, Constantin Basica, and Chris Lortie, as well as Nina C. Young of New York Women Composers, recipient of the 2015 Rome Prize and in residence at Montalvo Arts Center in Saratoga in June 2018. Both Jonathan Berger and Ayal Adler studied with the renowned Israeli composer Mark Kopytman. Adler is currently serving as Chair of the Department of Composition, Conducting & Theory at Jerusalem Academy of Music & Dance.
- Mark Kopytman: Cantus IV: Dedication for violin solo
- Jonathan Berger: Sink or Swim for solo violin
- Ayal Adler: Contrasts in Time for violin and video
- Nina C. Young: Sun Propeller for scordatura violin and electronics
- Chris Lortie: Jouska for violin and electronics
- Christopher Jette: Simetra for violin and electronics (World premiere)
- Constantin Basica: new work for violin and video TBA (World premiere)
Note: This event has been rescheduled from April 26.