The eminent European ensemble Duo Gelland has turned an 18th-century concept into a driving force of contemporary exploration. Their passionate, profound, and playful interpretations have earned them the Annual German Record Critics' Award 2008, Swedish Nutida Sound 2011, and Fanfare Yearbook 2001. They revive forgotten gems with historically-inspired insight, and in close collaboration with composers, bring new scores to life.
113, a collection of composers and performers of new music, curates concerts, seminars, and masterclasses. Through ambitious programming, community building, and educational outreach, 113 provides a platform for musicians pursuing bold, personalized artistic visions, and helps them to transmit those visions, unfettered by university politics, market pressures, or established conventions, as directly and honestly as possible to audiences. Since its inception in 2012, 113 has presented over 60 world premieres.
- Jeremy Wagner: Apsis performed by Duo Gelland (world premiere)
- Josh Musikantow: Mother of Exiles performed by Duo Gelland and Nina Dante
- Mauscheln performed by Nina Dante and Jeffery Kyle Hutchins
- Georges Aperghis: Rasch performed by Maria Ritzenthaler and Jeffery Kyle Hutchins
- James Dillon: Time Lag Zero performed by Nina Dante and Maria Ritzenthaler
- Tiffany Skidmore: The Myth of Psyche and Cupid performed by Duo Gelland and Jeffery Kyle Hutchins
- Chaya Czernowin: FardanceCLOSE performed by Nanyi Neil Qiang
- James Dillon: Charm and Dragonfly performed by Nanyi Neil Qiang