The Friends of Music at Stanford present the Department of Music award winners for 2020-21 in a concert program premiering here on Saturday, June 5.
The winners of the 2021 Department of Music Awards:
- Louis J. Sudler Prize (awarded by HSDO): Sonja Johnson-Yu, conducting (Outstanding Achievements in Music - Department of Music nominee)
- Carol and Peter Polk Award: Jessica Lee, cello
- Humanities and Sciences Undergraduate Prizes in Music: Laura Futamura, flute; Jenny Xiong, composition; Melinda Zhu, flute
- Blew-Culley-LaFollette Prize (piano performance): Kendrick Shen
- Daniel V. Robinson Prize (undergrad, instrumental performance): Sean Mori, violin
- Rita Taylor Prize (undergrad, vocal performance): Cassidy McCleary, soprano
- Patrick Butler Prize (undergrad, piano performance): Leslie Jin
- Marie Gibson Prizes (undergrad or grad, vocal performance): Danny Ritz, tenor; Annette Dong, mezzo soprano
- Friends of Music Graduate Prizes (instrumental/vocal performance): Lawrence Chiou, harpsichord; Thomas Colburn, alto saxophone)
Each award recipient will perform a short program.
A downloadable program booklet is available here.