The Stanford Department of Music is hosting an evening concert and a carnival afternoon to support and promote Black art and Black creatives on campus. We will highlight department ensembles, student groups, independent artists, and off-campus community ensembles performing art from cultures across the Black and African Diasporas, as well as arts where the influence of Black creatives is traditionally underrepresented. Our aim is to provide multiple opportunities for our campus community to both actively engage in Black art and be moved towards action. | Day 2 information
This event will also be livestreamed.
- Cardinal Calypso (steelpan ensemble)
- ODUM (Ghanaian Drumming)
- STRETCH (jazz combo)
- Roman & Uche (vocals & piano)
- Westley Montgomery (vocals & piano)\
- Brianna Peet (Ballet)
- Alkimiya Transfer featuring Kenneth Reams (electroacoustic)
- Stanford Jazz Orchestra
- Stanford Symphony Orchestra
- Stanford Philharmonia featuring Joelle Lamarre, soprano
The two-day Carnival event is free to all, but we are also offering $10-$50 tickets at EventBrite that will support collaborative initiatives from students and student groups (VSOs) involving Black art and Black creatives.