Graduate Student Forms & Resources
University Forms and Resources
REGISTRAR'S GRADUATE FORMS
Office of the Vice Provost for Graduate Education
- Graduate Academic Policies and Procedures (GAP Handbook)
- Academic Guidance including information on Advising and Mentoring, and Problem Solving and Crisis Intervention
- Diversity Initiatives Get involved with diversity on campus and funding/fellowship support.
- Interdisciplinary Learning
- Fellowships & Funding for doctoral students, students groups, and prospective students
Resources Across Campus
- Bechtel International Center including the Overseas Resource Center (ORC) with myriad sources of funding for overseas study
- BEAM: Bridging Education, Ambition, & Meaningful Work providing a network of career communities to help students and alumni achieve career discovery, opportunities, and advancement
- Diversity and Access advancing Stanford University's equal opportunity and affirmative action goals and commitment to diversity
- Graduate Life Office (GLO) providing and encouraging social connection and interaction among all graduate students
- Graduate and Undergraduate Studies (GUS) introduction to a variety of resources to assist you with course and career paths
- Humanities Center including information about Dissertation Fellowships!
- Office for Religious & Spiritual Life (ORSL) "devoted to ensuring lively, thoughtful and supportive contexts" to those pursuing spiritual interests
- Office of Accessible Education (OAE) a comprehensive program for students with disabilities
- Office of Community Standards Know and follow the Fundamental Standard, the Honor Code, and other important University policies!
- Office of the Ombuds providing services that can help you resolve and cope more effectively with tough situations
- Service Now (SNOW) file a SNOW ticket for answers to questions about a vast array of possible issues you may encounter across campus and/or file a ticket requesting assistance
- Student Services Center information, programs, and services for students
- Teaching Commons sharing the latest developments on campus and elsewhere in teaching and learning
- Vaden Health Center provides medical care and Counseling, and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Wellbeing at Stanford links to services available 24 hours a day and more!
Local Music, Instrument Rental/Purchase, Repairs
- Community School of Music and the Arts inspiring "excellence through art and music education for people of all ages and abilities"
- Gryphon Stringed Instruments lessons, repairs & restoration, supplies, instrument rental/purchase
- Opera San Jose discounted group tickets available
- Peninsula Music and Repair gear and resources for musicians of all abilities
- San Francisco Opera Rush tickets for students!
- San Francisco Symphony Student price tickets!
- Symphony Silicon Valley discounted group tickets available
- West Bay Opera how local can you get?
- West Valley Music lessons, classes, instrument rental/purchase
Concert Listings, Reviews, and Free Music Sources
- SVCreates celebrating, showcasing, and investing in our local arts ecosystem
- Classical CAT Free catalog of classical music MP3s, with over 500 selections
- Choral Public Domain Library FREE choral sheet music!
- Dr. Estrella's Incredibly Abridged Dictionary of Composers fun, but useful, too!
- FANFaire far-reaching zine with concert listings, CD reviews, interviews, downloads, and even recipes from favorite performers
- Global Music Network free downloads and premium content for chamber music, opera, and jazz
- Kapralova all about women composers
- Musicsheaf free manuscript paper online
- Music Sources Center for Historically Informed Performance, INC. a base for professionals and promising students devoted to music from the Middle Ages to the Romantic Era
- San Francisco Classical Voice reviews and essays about the local scene
- The Classical Music Navigator composers, styles, general educational material
Networking and Jobs
- Academia.edu share research, share your papers, and follow other people in your field
- Academic Jobs Online (AJO) automated job application system
- Academic Jobs WIKI "insider" news about faculty and postdoc positions in composition & theory, musicology, ethnomusicology & more!
- American Musicological Society annual conference, newsletter, job listings
- College Music Society including the Music Vacancy List of jobs
- Community College Jobs - NOW! online recruitment search engine focused on recruitment and hiring needs of the community college sector
- Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education a top news source for academic professionals, including job listings
- International Alliance for Women in Music (IAWM) building awareness of women’s contributions to musical life
- Jobs.AC.UK "Great jobs for bright people" - university teaching positions in the UK and beyond!
- Musical America Worldwide resource for networking, news, jobs, festivals, presenters, managers, and more!
- Musical Chairs performance, teaching, and administration jobs in classical music
- Professor Positions faculty positions in higher education
- Society for American Music (SAM) dedicated to the study, teaching, creation, and dissemination of all musics in the Americas
- Society for Ethnomusicology (SEM) a global, interdisciplinary network engaged in the study of music across all cultural contexts & historical periods
- The Chronicle of Higher Education resource for networking, news, jobs (ChronicalVitae), advice
- EZProxy SU library service that identifies you as a Stanford user to electronic resource providers when you are outside the Stanford network
- Chamber Music America for anyone interested in chamber music
- Chamber Musicians of Northern California meet and play with others here!
- San Francisco Early Music Society(SFEMS) concerts series, summer workshops, and The Berkeley Festival & Exibition
Festivals and Events
- Cabrillo Festival of Contemporary Music held annually in beautiful Santa Cruz, California
- Carmel Bach Festival held anually in beautiful Carmel, California
- Other Minds a new music and film festival based in beautiful San Francisco, California
- Pacific Music Festival a festival founded by Leonard Bernstein, held in beautiful Japan
- SFSound contemporary music series based in beautiful San Francisco, California
- The Berkeley Festival & Exibition held annually in beautiful Berkeley, California
- American Composers Forum support for composers through grants, performances, and new markets
- New Music USA Online Library digital database with 57,000+ works; 6,000+ composers; 14,000+ media samples
- The Composer's Site opportunities (grants, competitions) and links to more sites for composers
- New Music Works for composers and performers of new music
- California Lawyers for the Arts a non-profit, pro bono group that can help artists with a variety of legal needs
- The Living Music Foundation based in Mbarara Uganda: provides music lessons for children who are economically or socially challenged and/or lacking family and community support